Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

A Little Catch Up

I've finally started working on my Butterick 1948 Nightgown again after a little break, I've now attached the sleeves & have sewn the pockets into the skirt panels. The pockets are really nice and deep (which I love!)










I'm hopefully going to be finishing this today as I'm going to be extremely busy for the next possible 6 weeks as I've had a very exciting commission which I can't talk about as I've only had a verbal agreement in regards to it. But if all goes to plan this could help me gain a lot of publicity & possibly a lot of new business!

In other news I just wanted to quickly talk about the tragic events that have happened this week, especially in Norway. As much as I love this world and all the amazing people in it, events like this just make me so frustrated and angry. It's amazing and scary how people can become so brainwashed/influenced into thinking 'their way' is right, that they could actually do something so horrific to other human beings. My thoughts go out to anyone affected by this, and to the residents of Norway. 

I also wanted to very briefly (as this is primarily a sewing/fashion/vintage blog) mention that I was extremely saddened to hear about the tragic passing of Amy Winehouse. I didn't agree with what she got up to in her personal life, and she obviously had her demons, but boy could she write a song. 
I leave you on this very sunny Sunday with my favourite song of hers.


No comments:

Post a Comment