Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

The Sunday Times

This weekend has been a relatively quiet one again, which was very welcome as I had made myself a tattoo appointment for Saturday which took up the majority of the day, and left me feeling a bit sluggish after. However, as I watched 'A Streetcar Named Desire' I cut out the pattern pieces for my next project, which is this.

Butterick B5152

A while back I had bought some Chinese Silk Brocade to make this with and after cutting out all the pieces I was only left with a small scrap from 4 metres, which should give you an idea how much fabric is required for this pattern! I am making the yellow version, without the ruffle trimming. So far I have fully constructed the bodice, including the neck facing for the inside. Here's some photos I took along the way.







So far it's been a very easy pattern to follow, slipstitching the neck facing to the seam allowance of the bodice has taken up the most time as it's all done by hand, but I think it looks gorgeous so far and I can't wait to wear it. I almost feel like it's too good for my humble 1 bed flat, and that it should be worn around lavish rooms filling a stately home or something? Haha! Oh well, one can dream!
Hope your weekend was as productive as mine!





No comments:

Post a Comment