Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

I'm Back!!!

I'm not dead... I've just been extremely busy!! 
As previously posted I've been working hard on my recent commission from Kenwood UK. I can now proudly say that all 14 dresses were delivered on Sunday, and I will be going to see them in action this Sunday at this years Goodwood Revival (pics will come!)

I don't think I was quite prepared for how much work (and so little time) I had to do these, but I have to say I've enjoyed every minute. This was such a huge challenge for me as a relatively new/advanced beginner in dressmaking. 

This was the first time I've ever modified a pattern significantly, and made it to fit 14 different people with completely different measurements, plus there was no time for a fitting (received confirmation that they all fit fine!). I can't wait to see them all wearing them on Sunday, and i'm looking forward to sharing the photos with you all!

Apart from the dresses, I've also nearly reached my wedding day!
With just over 2 weeks to go till the big day, I'm 90% done with just the little bits & bobs to do now. 
And then comes the best bit....the honeymoon!
So be warned, I'll once again be missing from the blogosphere from 10th-26th October, but will have a MAJOR update post telling you about it all, along with photos of what things I'll have no doubt have bought while i'm away.
In case your intrigued, we're spending a week in Hawaii, then splitting the remainder between L.A, Vegas, & San Francisco. Can anyone recommend any good thrift shops/bars/restaurants to visit?

I'm also now starting to look once again at my ever growing fabric stash, so hopefully there'll be a few sewing posts lined up for while I'm gone.

Hope everyone's ok, and you've all had a great August/Sept! 

No comments:

Post a Comment