Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

Kenwood at Goodwood Revival 2011


The big weekend finally arrived!!
Although Kenwood were hard at work since Thursday, I didn't arrive at Goodwood myself until Sunday where I finally got to see my dresses being worn by someone other than my dress form!
 Ta Da!



I'm totally blowing my own trumpet here, but how great do they look?!
I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out, and all the girls looked amazing in them.
I felt such a great sense of achievement when I saw them all.



The Kenwood stall itself was a revolving kitchen (half 1940's & half 1960's) which featured cooking demonstrations by the chefs behind Sorted. As well as a little exhibition showing you Kenwood machines through the years, and a stage where you could get your photo taken in a vintage kitchen.




As well as Kenwood's Stall there was also pop up shops from Tesco (who took you back to the 1960's, where you could buy products in their original packaging)



Also a Vivien of Holloway Shop, A Delonghi coffee bar, a marquee dedicated to the family orientated Butlins Entertaiment (featuring a great jive band), Glam Cabs, Bunny Girls, as well as countless stalls selling clothing, artwork, and other merchandise.
I restrained myself and only bought some quirky tea towels and a kitchen pinny from the charming men in the DuPenny stall.

All in all (despite the on/off rain) it was a lovely day.
I highly recommend Goowood Revival to anyone who enjoys dressing up and has an interest in vintage cars, this was my 3rd year going, and every year I've enjoyed it more!










No comments:

Post a Comment