Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Things I Love Thursday

This week I have been in total relaxation mode. I haven't even looked at my sewing machine since finishing the last Kenwood dress over a week ago, however I have still been thinking of my next few projects. 
I'm trying to be realistic and more proactive with my future projects, rather than sewing on a whim.
With this in mind, i'm putting together a list of patterns & fabrics that I would like to get started on for when I return home from the US. This also means (by sheer coincidence of course) that I can keep an eye out for certain fabrics while i'm away, as I have every intention of visiting as many thrift/fabric shops as I can! 
With autumn now here, and a sure to be cold winter just around the corner, I'd like to turn my attention to warmer clothes. At the moment there are a few staple items I'd like to try my hand at. The first being a pair of high waisted trousers:

Source

It just so happens that I already have a pattern for something like the above


I'd quite like a black pair, not entirely sure what material though? Suggestions?

After receiving this seasons Asos magazine I'm also wanting to make a dress using some kind of knit, possibly in a shirt dress style?

Source
Source

Source




Source
Can you tell i'm into plaid at the moment?!

I also think it's about time I widen my sewing skills a little, and start sewing a few more tops.
I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase the well know Colette patterns Sencha & Violet.



As well as the pattern for the top in the Simplicity pattern featured with the trousers. This means that while I'm out in the US I can pick up some cute fabrics ready to sew for autumn/winter and maybe a few suitable for early spring too!

I've also got a new winter coat already picked out, which I'm purchasing this weekend!

Source


Does anyone else have any staple pieces picked out for this season?














No comments:

Post a Comment