Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

That's Sew Cinematic - Frenchie-Esque Nightie


Ever since this pattern arrived I've been itching to get started on it! Alas, my trip to the fabric shop was not so fruitful (sad face). I finally decided that I really wanted to use this fabric -

But when I got to the shop they only had it in stock in a cerise pink. Now you may not have noticed this about me before, but I am not a 'pink' girl. Red - yes, Pink - no.
So I bought this instead -
Some awesomely awesome georgette with pheasants & trees printed all over. BUT, once I got home I got a little attached to it and decided it wouldn't be fair on it if I limited its wear to indoors only. Other people should get to see its awesome-ness.

So as a little test run of this pattern before I buy the 'real' fabric I decided to finally cut into some lilac polka dot cotton that's been stashed away for what feels like forever!
I'm aware that it looks a little pinky, but trust me, in real life it's lilac. You are probably also wondering 'does she only buy fabric with polka dots on it?', I'm starting to wonder that too?!
Maybe I should try and go a whole month without sewing polka dots?
Anywho, I'm going to be sewing up just the short smock the girl on the left is modelling as I ran out of fabric to try the bloomers.
Plus, I'm also gonna be keeping an eye out for some cute yellow printed fabric to make up the 'real' version.
In the meantime enjoy this song from the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment